Monday, October 13, 2008

The early begining SUN 12th - MON 13th (morning)

PACKING - Well this was my first hurdle. 30kgs from Dunedin to Auckland causes a huge problem when you are only allowed to have 20kgs and 7kgs hand luggage (which my hand luggage was at 14kgs). So as you would expect of a fashion student I kept the clothes and biffed the shampoo, conditior also some unneeded undies. While I see that taking these small things out wouldn't get me down to the required amount I made my hand luggage heavier. Anna my saviour took my heavy books and carried them in her hand luggage - which she was obviously more stategic in her pack (she says it took her a WHOLE day!)

AIRLINE - Well they tease you don't they - for those of you who havn't traveled overseas they make you walk past all the business class seats. Your expectations rise and than dramatically fall when you realise that they aren't for you!! We are seated in CATTLE CLASS - but I might mention it was first cattle class - It was quite nice thanks to those lovely Singapore air hostesse's.
We ate food - watched TV - laughed out loud to Little Britain while making friends with our British neighbour. He also gave us some sweet sweet advice - no. 1 If you see two men holding hands they are not gay!!! - no. 2 Don't order a cappacino after 12 or they will laugh at you - since as I didn't know cappacino is a moring drink.

TRANSIT - Singapore - well what can I say! Its huge, crazy, beautiful, amazing, they have fish, sunflowers and 30degree weather - which made me sweat like a pig in my New Zealand Merino!! We walked lots and had cool rides in trains and went on those super cool carpet things that move!! Rad a say - we had people laughing at us - as we where pretty stoked!!
We had a shower - and then kinda ate some food that wasn't for us - I might add the lady said it was free - in which is was - but the catch is you pay before you eat!!! We laughed all the way out!!! It was funny - my first bad ass thing of the trip - Yuss!!!

FLIGHT 2 - This was a long leg. Just over 12 hours and to let you know I hadn't slept yet. So again lots of movies and drinking water - my new best friend bacame the loo!! In which I had never been to an aircraft loo before - new expereices, great, small but great - cosy! Also Anna sleeps with here mouth open - funny, it has be my amusement - plus the odd snore!!
More food- am very much looking forward to some fresh vegies!! (If we can find a supermarket)

ARRIVAL - Wasn't as spectular as I thought - the Invercargill Airport is quite a bit nicer - the imagration boys were quite cute though. A bonus as I don't think Invercargill has those. We waited for our baggage for which seemed like 10years when you have had no sleep - but it came.
Problem no. 2 - Getting into town. Well this was definitly an adventure - we decided to get a taxi as this would be the easiest and most direct way instead of getting the train. It was more expensive but we thought that it would save alot us getting lost. The thing is we got into the most flashest taxi in Milan - a black Merecdes that had black leather interior and all the bells and whistles that you could image. I also was went to get into the drivers seat - he then kindly opened my door laughing at me. Also me at myself!!!

I THINK I WAS MY LIFE FLASH BEFORE ME - the ride into the city - well MAN THEY ARE CRAZY DRIVERS!! We nearly got hit my a large bus, a tram well actually two, motor that wizz past you - some drivers even smoking while overtaking numerous cars on very congested highways!!! I am alive this I know - and I also know that I am never going to drive here!! I think that I would be too passive and get crashed into or tooted at and some crazy Italian saying shouting "vaffanculo!!" (english = Fuck off (by the way Jake Greive told me to learn this word))

So my view on Milan so far- Dirty but there is alot of awsome street tagging, it is busy but exciting, medium heated 13degrees and one really hot guy that lives over the road from us. This I know only from Anna who scremed - outloud might I add, while running away from the window so he didn't see her!!

2 comments:

simone marie said...

Crack up!
Im so stoked about your blog - and that i have some great entertainment for the next five months!
The moving carpets are great ay!

Di & Ross said...

Wow great to see the 2 of you made it and what an adventure.

Look forward to keeping up with the news.

Diane - Design, Dunedin

Followers