Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Monday afternoon - The supermarket







So as we settled down in our hostel I decided that it was time to get some REAL food – my tummy had on its way to eating my whole entire body for the last few hours, so I thought that it was high time to remedy this problem.


So as we prepared ourselves to ‘TAKE MILAN BY STORM’ (ie. Making sure that we had our money belts on, passport secure etc) we embraced our map and set out the door. Surprisingly there was a supermarket fairly close to we experienced our first – lets not die in Milan please!!! - While crossing the two roads to the supermarket. Well I would like to say that I quite like Asian driving now, they are fairly tame in all ways. Italian drivers are fast, horn blowers, screamers and in one word – CRAZY. So Anna and I decided that the best way to tackle this was to get in behind some locals and take on the traffic. We did and we were successful. YAY
We arrived that the supermarket, looked inside and said were is the supermarket?? We were standing outside of which would be the equalivant of a small – very small 4 Square. Inside it consisted of one isle and well actually that was it. So we spent a while getting to terms with how much everything cost and them tackled the language barrier. So in the end we brought some kind of fish (still lies a mystery) some veggies, rice, pasta, bread (which is small and unusual looking) milk (sweet and weird can explain that) pineapple and some familiar Special K. All together it cost 17E, which will hopefully feed us for a few days. Paying for the food – well it was funny, I think I am getting better at this sign language thing but I handed over the money and said caio!


We headed back to the hostel to put all the food into the fridge and then our plan was to head out again. But....Anna had be suffering from a terrible head ache so I said to her that it would be best of she slept it off. As I amused myself I was determined not to sleep as I wanted to get in Milan time – but you guessed I only lasted around an hour and I was out like a light. I woke up in the dark, still in my clothes and very very hot. Yes it was 12am and we both were ready to go, unfortunately Milan was all still asleep. So for the next 7hours we dosed and slept feeling extra refreshed for the day ahead........so we thought.

No comments:

Followers